Friday, May 1, 2009

SONG OF THE WARRIOR PRIEST


From Days of Caves in Living Rock
of Stone-Tipped Spear and Tomahawk
From Saber Tooth and Mastodon
through Years of Bronze and Years of Iron
Crossbow, Sword, and Battleaxe
Dungeons Deep and Torture Racks
To Gunpowder and Musketry
Bayonet and Artillery
Thor Frowned and Then
Poison Gas in the Ardennes
Machinegun Belts and TNT
Tank Columns and Infantry
Phantom Jets and Flak-Filled Skies
Napalm and a Child Cries
Pestilence, War, Famine,
it’s Armageddon
When at Last We Face the Beast
I Sing the Song of the Warrior Priest!

PJC, 1991

5 comments:

  1. that tank, it is somewhere in Normandy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that Sherman tank is at Utah Beach, in Normandy, France.
    -STORMBRINGER

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just changed out the tank image . . . can you determine where this one is from?
    STORMBRINGER

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be a T-34 attack from "Cross of Iron"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you don't mind me fully attributing but hijacking your post to introduce my readers to your blog which I stuck on the roll of people I read. If it bugs ya, let me know. Spose I should have asked first but sometimes I forget. I just quoted it and linked it here like Mike V does sometimes with WRSA stuff.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete